August 28, 2009

My new thing

Sautéing veggies. Yum. I mean, mmmmmmm YUM. I've been making asparagus, mushrooms, zucchini, summer squash, cucumbers and anything else I can think up. Just a little olive oil, vinegar, garlic, butter, lemon juice, salt, pepper and oregano...and VOILA!





This is probably old news to some, but i'm JUST NOW learning about the wonders of pan-frying. And, thanks to Andrea, I recently discovered the deliciousness of patty pan squash.









If you have simple (I mean, really pretty basic) vegetable ideas and/or recipes, please share. This new healthy lifestyle gig is doing wonders for Chris and me both.

4 comments:

{amy k.} said...

ooo yum. No joke, I just finished sauteing some mushrooms and zuchini with some tomatoes.. yummy. All I did today was salt, pepper, teeny tiny bit of olive oil and lemon juice. I haven't actually used any special recipes but if I find one I'll share... and if you find one you'll have to share it on your blog too! Fruit and veggies are my favorites!

Anonymous said...

Love you blog crystal! And all those veggies look sooo yummy!

Casey and Winter Rowland said...

wow that does look really good! I am going to be making that sometime this week :)

Crystal said...

Mmmm YUM. Now I am craving some veggies. Perhaps a late night (early morning) snack is in the works for me.