October 3, 2009

Yeah, so

this crafting thing has really taken over. I think it may have something to do with my favorite local craft store being located one mile from my house. I find myself looking around the apartment for things that are too plain--things I can transform NOW. Not good for the pocket book, but good for my sanity. I can't believe what a stress-reliever it is. Especially mod podging. It works on everything.

Anyway, my latest project: ugly filing cabinet turned two-drawer mod podged marvel.
Overboard? Yes, probably a little. But now I have a vibrant storage cabinet for our oh-so-important paperwork, bills, etc.

Here's a look at the details. I used some ribbon and recycled craft paper to make it eco-friendly.
The best part about this filing cabinet: it's still not even FINISHED. I need to do something with the sides. I am thinking some mod tree paper cutouts and paint? If you have suggestions, send em my way!

Here's a blog where I get a lot of inspiration. Thanks to my friend, Amy, for introducing me to this Amy.


Andrea said...

Seriously, Crystal, all your mod podging is SO cute! You've inspired me, I'm just looking for something I dare permanently alter, but trust me, I will be following in your footsteps soon.

Amy said...

so cute! Glad you liked the other Amy's blog- she has lots of great ideas! Crafting is a stress reliever for me too... most of the times- the other part of the time I get frustrated it doesn't turn out right. haha

Can't wait to see what other fun things you create!

Crystal Ross said...

Andrea: I can't wait to see what you come up with! I have seen your creativity come alive in those cute cards you make. There's something very exhilarating about permanently altering things around the house. You'll see. It's addicting! For me, it's a rush (does it get any dorkier than that?).

Amy: You are exactly right. Whenever I mess up, I get so pouty and overwhelmed. Usually Chris has to calm me down then help me fix whatever I goofed.

Mod Podge Amy said...

Crystal, thank you for the visit!!! I've love what you've done and I, like Amy, can't wait to see what else you come up with. Yippee!!