November 16, 2009

thoughts. wedding thoughts.

C ant wait for the wedding...BUT I'd rather not deal with the overwhelming parts that go along with planning an event like this. It'll be a great day--small, simple, fun and elegant. But it still takes time, planning, extreme organization and patience. I'm a bit flustered. We're having a hard time just finding a venue that offers the things we want. Anyone know of anything in Utah? We're looking for an outdoor setting, trees, pretty scenery, alcohol friendly, a place for dancing and preferably near the Layton area.

6 comments:

Reena said...

I'm not sure of a venue in the Layton area that has all that, but there is a really nice place up Emigration Canyon that I once checked out (I forget the name). Also, Eaglewood golf course has a great place. I LOVE the views up there and it would be pretty perfect for a smallish wedding. :) Good luck!

Unknown said...

Alcohol friendly, that's the kicker. I've often wondered this myself. You know, for me and fiance I don't have... I'll keep my eyes open for ya, and I'll throw ideas your way.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Take a deep breath. It does get overwhelming at times, but planning your wedding is such a blast. And you're only engaged once!

Anonymous said...

Snowbasin? I went to the venue in Emigration Canyon once for a wedding, it is beautiful. It's your day and it only happens once. I am sure no matter where you decide to have the wedding it will be beautiful. I will do some research and get in touch with you. I am happy to help in any way I can.

Anonymous said...

Look up McCune Mansion in S.L.C. the pictures are beautiful I just don't know what it would cost.

Crystal said...

Thanks, guys. Emigration has some AWESOME views and could work! I'm also looking into Wheeler Farm and Snowbasin. THANKS! Keep em comin.