January 23, 2012

The girl with the dragon tattoo.

I read book #1 of the trilogy in two days. A 600-page novel (and peeps, I'm a slow reader). I could not put it down. I'm now in the middle of the second book and it's equally as engaging. Not normally a lover of crime novels or thrillers in general, but it's so fascinating and unique and easy to read. Great flow, even translated.

I watched the American movie and of course, was a bit disappointed. It was still well done, though. I appreciated it and Chris seemed to really enjoy it--not having read the book to have anything to compare to. We will be watching the Swedish movies (all available on Netflix!) as soon as I catch up on the novels.

It's sexy and wild and makes me want to be best friends with Lisbeth.

I'm deeply saddened that Stieg Larsson is dead, but oh thank god he left these gems behind.

No comments: