January 16, 2010

more fun with fabric.

I can't get enough of these.

Don't be surprised if they are hanging from every possible nook and cranny of our little wedding venue. I mean, I know what overkill is, but is it possible to overdo something so adorable?

Now, let's talk about color schemes. Some people have asked me What are your wedding colors? Well, if I'm gonna be honest: I think schemes for weddings are stupid. I've seen it done right before, but more often than not, people choose one or two colors and go a little crazy. I don't want to be that way--I'd drive myself crazy trying to stick to such weird guidelines. I'm obsessive enough about other things. Let's not add one to the list.

So, here's what we're doing...earth tones:
(bamboo, forest, vibrant green, natural)

And pops of wildflower colors:
(shades of grape, seafoam, golden yellow, floral blue, tangerine, pink, cobalt, turquoise)

(image credit: http://www.weddingchicks.com/tag/yellow-wedding-ideas/)
(image credit: http://100layercake.com/blog/)

We're letting the mountain setting be our wedding colors. Nature-inspired. Sounds easy to me.

Oh yeah--and of course, lace and burlap. But you already knew that.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I know I've told you this a hundred times, but you're wedding is going to be absolutely perfect! I love the colors. I love the garlands. I love the location.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

You're right...these are Super Cute and will look great at your Wedding. Good luck with all the plans.
M.L.