October 24, 2010

Doily tea bowl.

Getting back into the swing of things, I thought I'd ease into crafts with a light project. This lace crochet bowl was simply made from a large doily (which you know I currently love), fabric stiffener and diluted Mod Podge. The idea came from the Brilliant Creative Jewish Mom.


I used spray stiffener instead of the liquid kind just because that's what I had in the house. I think this caused to bowl to be floppier. To remedy that, I poured some watered-down Mod Podge all over it while it was still lying on the bowl. Twenty-four hours later, it was ready. Now I use it in my kitchen for all our teas. Very fun.


In other news, Sam likes to help mom with dishes.

1 comment:

Breanne Unsicker Evans said...

At first I thought you were displaying them with packets of condoms. Ya know, like they put out as candy dishes in planned parenthood.

Very cute and I love what you did those pillows. <3