November 28, 2010

A delicious pie.

I made a pecan pie. When people hear this, they nearly tip over. I'm sloppy. Unorganized. Clumsy. Not the baking type. BUT I DID IT. Thanks to this awesome recipe I found here.


Tip: I added milk chocolate chips (about a 1/4 cup). Heat it and serve with vanilla bean ice cream. *drool*

Ingredients

  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup chopped pecans

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy, and stir in melted butter. Stir in the brown sugar, white sugar and the flour; mix well. Last add the milk, vanilla and nuts (and optional chocolate chips).
  3. Pour into an unbaked 9-in pie shell. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until done. 

No comments: