September 19, 2013

Somewhat human.

I have an appetite. My morning sickness is gone. I'm feeling somewhat human again. For a minute there, I was wondering what I'd gotten myself into. Now, though, I've entered this magical phase of pregnancy that I've heard so many talk about: the second trimester.

I'm six months pregnant, and with the exception of frequent pee trips to the restroom and uncomfortable belly situations while I sleep, I'm feeling amazing. The whole experience leaves me in awe every single day. Feeling her move (it's a girl!), seeing her face during the ultrasound, getting to know her sleep schedule and what music she likes--it's sort of the coolest thing I've ever experienced.

You know when you hear those pregnant women complain about strangers touching their growing stomachs? I'm not one of them. The attention doesn't bother me; in fact, often I grab hands of curious bystanders and place them on my tummy. Feeling her movements is just too amazing not to share. It's a miracle in every sense of the word, and how could I not want to share that miracle with everyone around me?

Funny things happen when you're pregnant. I will write about some of those funny things at some point.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!So happy.

Crystal said...

Thanks anonymous! I'm just thrilled. :)

Anonymous said...

It's a girl!! You'll make a great mom!